We are actively looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Web application developer proficient with React.js to contribute to our new and existing web applications which are part of Pragma’s award winning Pragma360 platform. The primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js/TypeScript workflows in order to provide both internal and external users a great experience. The role requires a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product robustness.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js & TypeScript
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across standard browsers
- Convert broad requirements into executable work items
- Documentation architecture & design
- Participate in project scrums and collaborate with internal stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of web application development with SPA
- Experience with popular React.js workflows
- ES6 and newer ES specifications
- RESTful APIs, Web sockets, Server-sent events, Web Workers
- Practical knowledge of web tooling such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools.
- Understanding of web performance and usability issues
- Automated unit & integration testing
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, Confluence and Agile development practices
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Web Developer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.