We are looking for a Web application developer who is proficient with React.js to contribute to our new and existing web applications. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js/TypeScrip workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of browsers
- Collect requirements, convert requirements to executable work items, participate in scheduled scrums
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 years of web application development experience
- Experience with popular React.js workflows
- Strong proficiency in TypeScript
- Understanding of ES6 and newer ES specifications
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge of web tooling such as such as Babel, Webpack, NPM
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools
- Understanding of web performance and usability issues
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, Confluence
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web Developer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.