The Java developer will serve as an experienced member of Pragma’s next generation low-latency trading platform team, doing hands-on Java 11+ development.
- Design and develop new features for Pragma’s next generation trading platform
- Design and execute performance and capacity studies of new and existing software systems
- Author and edit documentation, present on technical topics
- Contribute to software design, code reviews, and technical meetings
- Able to design and deliver product-focused software
- A team player that can articulate technical viewpoints and engage in healthy debate with others
- A curious and continuous learner
- Have broad areas of interest within technology and keep up with current software engineering trends
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree
- Deep knowledge of Java 8+
- 5+ years of experience writing trading platforms including smart order routers, order gateways, and market data systems
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and shell scripting
- Prior work improving garbage collection performance including GC-tuning and writing garbage-free code
- Development experience on a sequencer-based system
- Prior work in a small company/team environment
- Fluency with git
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Trading Systems Developer.”
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.