We are looking for a person with creativity and innovation backed by solid engineering practices. We approach solutions as a longer term goal, with a focus on doing the right thing the first time. Process driven approaches, problem solving skills, teamwork and inclusivity are all essential in a successful candidate for this team.
- Contribute regarding patterns, stacks and best practices for rapid prototyping and tactical delivery of solutions.
- Support existing platforms while working to migrate to best in class technologies across the stack.
- Ensuring system stability and uptime for all tools and application under this team’s management. This includes application and infrastructure monitoring, troubleshooting.
- Staying abreast of industry trends, new platforms and tools, and coming up with a business case to adopt new technologies.
- Design and implement new solutions with the goal of allowing the team to be able to release code into production more often and making every team more efficient.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and be able to accurately assess business risk to help prioritize remediation.
- Partner with the development team, production engineering team and QA team to design and optimize a robust CI/CD pipeline.
- 8+ years of professional experience with exposure to Application Development, DevOps, Support and System Administration
- Extensive background in building highly automated DevOps infrastructure
- Establishment and implementation of availability monitoring and performance management infrastructure
- Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
- Experience with managing performance, availability and scale for mid to large sized systems
- Experienced with software development on Linux
- Working with and consulting development team on how to design and optimize a robust CI/CD pipeline. This includes knowledge of (but not limited to) the following tools: Confluence, JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, ElasticSearch, OpsGenie
- Experience with storage and networking stacks
- Experience with configuration and automation tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is a plus
- Experience with monitoring system such as Nagios and ITRS Geneos is a strong plus
- Background in building highly automated DevOps infrastructure
- Experience designing, deploying and operating solutions in public cloud is desirable (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to various audiences
- Build strong relationships with development and end-users/clients with a focus on client service and delivery and fostering the DevOps culture
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
- Strong coding skills in Python, Groovy and/or Bash/Powershell is required
- Knowledge of other languages such as Java and Ruby on rails is a strong plus, but not required
- Degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Tooling/DevOps Engineer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.