The System Administrator will be a core member of the System Administration team, responsible for providing engineering and operational support to the Firm’s full range of IT areas and services. The selected candidate will work with a wide range of technologies, supporting internal teams and external clients.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of workstations, laptops and handheld devices.
- Provide support for technical issues reported by end-users.
- Support of Windows and Linux server environments.
- Office 365 support and administration.
- Administration of the company’s data backup systems.
- Monitoring of network devices, servers and virtual machines.
- Work with senior team members and external support teams to support network infrastructure, storage appliances, and virtual environments.
- Respond in a timely manner to incidents and requests from end-users and external clients.
- Conduct proof of concepts and evaluation of new client computing hardware and software.
- Assist with IT projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of Networking, Linux, Storage, and Virtualization technologies.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting infrastructure services such as AD/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, and Remote Access VPNs.
- Experience supporting mobile device management platforms and advanced antivirus solutions.
- Knowledge of wireless network technologies and concepts.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong written/verbal skills.
- Able to multitask efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn and expand skills.
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (macOS or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “System Administrator.”
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.