Pragma is maintaining and extending their Java-based real-time trading platform, designed to support high capacity, low latency algorithmic trading workflows. As a member of the Application Development Team, the Software Engineer will perform technical work including software development. Individually and with the Application Development team, they will coordinate with the Quant team, and other business and technology teams to deliver platforms and implement specific business solutions for clients. This role will report to the head of Application Development.
- 5 year’s hands-on experience developing and debugging high-quality, maintainable, and testable multithreaded server-side software in core Java.
- Experience with FIX protocol, real time equities/FX trading systems
- Experience with Java 8, API development, automated testing, and performance analysis
- Ability to work with other developers in agile scrum development
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and broadly
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field
- Latency-sensitive electronic trading backend systems
- Jira, Confluence, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, shell scripting
- AWS, Docker
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (macOS or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Engineer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.