The Java developer will serve as an experienced member of Pragma’s next generation flexible, low-latency trading platform team, doing hands-on and cutting edge Java development.
- Design and develop major new functionality for Pragma’s next generation trading platform
- Author and edit documentation, present on technical topics
- Contribute to software design, code reviews, and technical meetings
- Interact with the business helping to define and enhance the system
WHO YOU ARE
- Able to design and long-term sustainable and product-focused software
- A team team player that can articulate technical viewpoints and engage in healthy debate with others
- A curious and continuous learner
- Have broad areas of interest within technology and the trading business and keep up with current software engineering trends
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree
- Deep knowledge of Java 8+ and preferably Java 11+
- 10+ years of experience writing trading platforms including smart order routers, order gateways, and market data systems
- Have designed important functionality that required at least a man year to execute
- Still devoting 75% of your time to hands on development
- Substantial development experience on a sequencer-based system
- Prior work in a small company/team environment
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Trading Systems Developer.”
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.