The Senior Software Engineer will be a core member of the Application Development team, responsible for architecting, designing and developing the firm’s Equities and FX algorithmic trading systems offerings. The role requires strong experience in design, development, and maintenance of low latency Java applications, utilizing zero GC techniques and multi-threading architectures.
- Participate in design & development of complex real time trading applications
- Develop, enhance and deliver software to support business requirements
- Work with team members to improve system functionality, stability and resilience
- Provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives
- Coach & provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders (External developers / Quants / QA /Production Eng. / Trade Support) to coordinate delivery of software
- Core Java experience in low latency / zero GC techniques and multi-threading architectures (10 years)
- Understanding of Equities / FX Trading systems, and trading protocols such as FIX
- Experience with middleware systems (e.g. Tibco), and network IO (TCP, UDP etc.)
- Worked with minimal supervision and general guidelines
- Worked collaboratively in small teams, and mentor junior team members
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
Work Authorization Requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer – Java & Trading Systems.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.