As a member of the Production Engineering team with a focus on the platform you will be expected to have an in depth knowledge of our trading platform. You must have a passion for the details of both the architecture and the overall tradeplant we run. The primary goal for the role will be to assure reliable operation of the overall trading products used by our clients. In addition, you will be asked to work along side your peers to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectation. You will be asked to uphold the security standards that are put in place to protect our clients. As with other roles in the group this role requires that documentation, monitoring and analysis are done at the highest levels.
- Play a significant role in supporting Pragma’s overall trading environment
- Troubleshooting trading issues with our trade desk support operation
- Work with software vendors and service providers to diagnose and solve production issues
- Help manage and deliver operational projects in the space, including:
- Complete on-boarding projects including client on-boarding and street-side FIX certifications
- Contribute to FIX API specifications and documentation
- Increase the monitoring and automation of our environment
- Perform release management activities in the production and UAT environment
- Organize, coordinate, and perform binary deployments in the overall trade plant to meet client demands
- Perform configuration changes to maintain the overall business with the trade desk support operation
- Collaborate with the system administration group to coordinate and deliver infrastructure changes, i.e., managing firmware changes in relevance to the applications used in the environment
- Knowledgeable in electronic trading, equity, FX, and financial markets with understanding of trading lifecycles
- Knowledge of ECNs, dark pools, and equity market structure (Spot FX markets is a plus)
- Detail-oriented in carrying out projects and tasks
- Communicate well, remain personable, and efficient in stressful trading situations
- Can operate in a team situation and work well with others
- Experience of scripting languages: python, bash, korn shell
- Understanding of JVM based applications with experience in Java development
- Experience of SQL language
- Basic understanding of FIX as a messaging protocol in the electronic trading environment
- Understanding of market data concepts: data feeds, stock exchanges, market data and messaging middleware/distribution.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering or related
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proper academic standing to graduate and complete studies by May 2019
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Engineer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.