The Junior System Administrator will be a core member of the System Administration team, responsible for providing engineering and operational support to the Firm’s full range of IT areas and services.
This is a new position created to support our growth. The selected candidate will work with a wide range of technologies supporting internal teams and external clients.
- Workstation support and administration.
- Support of Windows and Linux server environments.
- Office 365 support and administration.
- Ownership of the company’s Data Backup systems.
- Monitoring of all network devices, servers and virtual machines.
- Work with SMEs to support all network infrastructure, storage appliances, and virtual environments.
- Responds in a timely manner to incident and requests from end-users and external clients.
- Assists with IT projects as needed.
- Practical knowledge of Windows and Mac OSX operating systems.
- Theoretical knowledge of Networking, Linux, Storage, Virtualization, and Databases related concepts.
- Some knowledge of infrastructure services such as AD/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, and PXE.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong written/verbal skills.
- Able to multitask efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic scripting knowledge is a plus (PowerShell, Bash, Python).
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience in the IT field
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Junior System Administrator.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.