Pragma LLC, a provider of high-quality algorithmic trading systems in equities and foreign exchange, is looking to hire a new junior member for the quant team. This person will work in collaboration with other team members to expand our algorithmic offerings and our trading support systems. This person will gain a deep knowledge of market microstructure and execution quality analysis in order to advance and support our flagship algorithmic product. Like other members of the team, this person will help the quant team achieve its goal of advancing our trading capabilities and contribute directly to the growth of our firm.
- Help advance Pragma’s execution algo suite, designing and implementing new features for equities and forex. This will entail:
- Business analysis and specification development of new algo features in collaboration with Pragma’s Trade Desk.
- Implementing algos and making algo enhancements in Pragma’s Java-based algo container.
- Developing a suite of regression tests for algo enhancements.
- Utilize and enhance a wide variety of ETL tools and data sets (tick data, algo orders and executions, etc.) that support the algo product and evaluate the algo execution performance.
- Provide L2/L3 support for clients, including fielding strategy inquiries, making algo configuration recommendations, and testing daily changes to the trade plant.
- Gain a deep understanding of market microstructure in Equities and Forex. Perform studies on client executions and market microstructure experiments.
- Serve as an ambassador between the Quant group and other groups at Pragma.
- Embark on a steep learning trajectory to hone technical and analytical skills. Knowledge transfer and growth is expected to occur at a fast pace.
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in a quantitative discipline, such as physics, math, engineering, or another scientific field.
- One to three years of industry experience in equities or foreign exchange algorithmic trading systems.
- Familiarity with Java or a similar strongly-typed language.
- Familiarity with SQL relational database systems.
- Experience with market microstructure or execution analysis (TCA).
- Knowledge of other technical tools such as Linux, R, Bash, or Ruby is also helpful.
- Why do you want to work with execution algos?
- Outside of school or your job, what technical topics, such as new programming languages, design patterns, statistical methods, etc., have your recently learned?
- Which blogs, open-source projects do you follow?
Please submit resumes to email@example.com and your answers to the Posed Questions with the subject line “Junior Quantitative Engineer.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.