The Java developer will serve as an experienced member of Pragma’s application development staff, doing hands-on development on the firm’s low-latency high throughput Java trading applications. They will also work closely with QA, Operations, and Trade Desk staff to improve the quality and performance of Pragma’ systems.
- Design and develop new features for Pragma’s Trading systems
- Maintain and improve existing software systems
- Design and execute performance and capacity studies of new and existing software systems
- Author and edit documentation, present on technical topics
- Participation in software design and code reviews & meetings
- BA/BS in Computer Science, strong knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- 5 years Java experience with concurrent programming, performance measurement & optimization, JVM monitoring
- Familiarity with Linux command line and shell scripting
- Fluency with maven and git
- Prior development experience with Equities / FX Trading systems, and FIX protocol
- Prior work improving garbage collection performance – GC tuning, writing garbage-free code
- Experience with middleware systems (e.g. Tibco), and network IO (TCP, UDP etc.)
- Worked in a small company environment
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do, and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (OS X or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
Work Authorization Requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work full-time, on location, in New York City
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Java Developer – Trading Systems.” Principals only. No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.