The Desktop Support Engineer will be a core member of the System Administration team, responsible for providing engineering and operational support to the firm’s Desktop and Handheld devices. This is a new position created to support our growth. The selected candidate will work with a wide range of desktop technologies supporting internal teams and external clients, including end user locations in New York City.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of workstations, laptops and handheld devices.
- Conduct face to face and electronic help desk interactions with professional end user community.
- Troubleshooting application performance issues on end user devices.
- Administration of the firm’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform.
- Support and troubleshooting of wireless networks and remote access platforms.
- Work with vendors to fix and replace faulty hardware components.
- Respond in a timely manner to incident and requests from end-users and clients.
- Conduct proof of concepts and evaluations to test and validate desktop technologies.
- Communicates effectively with technical and non-technical customers.
- Track incidents and other work items in ticketing systems and maintain other documentation.
- Assists with IT projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally within financial services
- Strong knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Hands on experience administering and troubleshooting infrastructure services such as AD/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, ACLs, and Firewalls.
- Hands on experience with remote access platforms, including Cisco’s AnyConnect VPN client and Cloudflare Zero Trust VPNs.
- Knowledge of mobile device management (MDM) platforms, and next-generation antivirus solutions.
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies and concepts.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and documentation communication skills.
- Ability to work in a time-pressured environment supporting a dynamic, demanding, finance/trading environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (PowerShell, Bash, Python).
Pragma is an independent provider of quantitative trading technology. Our broker-neutral, multi-asset trading solutions power traditional asset managers, commodity trading advisors, hedge funds, broker-dealers, banks, and exchanges.
Pragma offers a casual and stimulating environment in which initiative and enthusiasm are the rule. We value excellence in everything we do and distinguish ourselves from our competitors by the quality of our software and the sophistication of our products’ analytical underpinnings. Our uncompromising approach has resulted in a product that is acknowledged by our many institutional clients to be the best in its class.
- Computer of your choice (macOS or Windows)
- Comprehensive employer paid insurance options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Desktop Support.”
Due to the volume of submissions, Pragma may be unable to respond to all candidates.